sábado, 27 de noviembre de 2021

I CAN'T HELP IT!

 This English pill deals with an interesting expression in English which means that we are not able to control something. The sentence below is part of the chorus of a very popular Elvis' song, which means "I was not able to resist falling in love with you" 


                            The form is: SUBJECT + CAN'T HELP + VERB-ING

For example, if I say "I can't help checking my smartphone all the time" that means that I can't stop checking the phone constantly. It is not intentional and I know that it is a waste of time but I keep on doing it because I can't help it! 


Click on the image below if you want to listen to Elvis singing this beautiful ballad:


Another version from the 1990s by UB40:




And finally, Ed Sheeran's in Elvis  All Star Tribute in 2019:



We hope that you can't help learning this expression thanks to this beautiful song!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Nota: solo los miembros de este blog pueden publicar comentarios.